As we transition into Winter and begin optimism towards Spring, the All Brite Pressure Washing & More Team encourages homeowners to find ways to maintain their home all year round. Throughout this blog, we’ll discuss ways to maintain your Leland home throughout the Winter months while also offering ways to clean your home once Spring begins. All Brite Pressure Washing & More is based out of Wilmington, NC but services many areas throughout Southeastern North Carolina such as Leland, Southport, Carolina Beach, Hampstead, Wrightsville Beach, Kure Beach, Castle Hayne, Burgaw and other parts of the state by request.
Ways to Maintain Your Home this Winter
While Winter typically is considered the ‘down’ period of the year in terms of house projects and maintenance, there are still housekeeping items that can make your home cleaner while also lessening the workload for the upcoming Spring.
- Rake Leaves from Driveway and Walkways- Pesky leaves left over from Fall can stain concrete driveways and walkways. By raking them throughout Fall or after Winter, it will prevent darker stains on concrete surfaces. While doing this sooner will create less work for you in the Spring, the best part is a pressure washer surface cleaner has the capability to wash away leaf debris and stains.
- Gutter and Drain Cleaning- This is so often forgotten during the Winter months as many people are preoccupied with the holidays. Our team highly recommends cleaning your gutters at least once a year, if not more. When gutters become clogged due to leaves, pine needles, mud, and other debris, the gutter system cannot drain properly. The main function of a gutter system is to divert water away from the home to protect the foundation. In addition to gutters, don’t forget about checking downspouts too! Downspouts are often clogged with mud and leaves by years end. Check out our Instagram page for videos of recent gutter and drain cleanings!
- Window Cleaning- While Winter typically offers less sunlight than other seaons, make sure you’re taking full advantage by removing all smudges and dirt from windows. While cleaning windows on the inside is not too difficult, cleaning outside windows can be an added challenge with various heights and often ladders being involved. As pressure washing experts, we know how to professionally clean windows during the Winter or upcoming Spring months!
Ways to Clean your Home this Spring
After making it through the Winter months, there are many exterior ways to spruce up your home for Spring. With better weather and longer daylight hours, this is often the time of year where curb appeal matters most to homeowners.
- Pressure Washing your House- Very commonly done during the spring and summer months, homeowners want homes looking their best as they do Spring cleaning or potentially to increase curb appeal for the upcoming Spring. There is actually a very interesting article by Realty Times that describes why power washing your home before listing is advantageous for homeowners. Whether you’re planning on selling or not, beautifying your home for the upcoming year is always ideal!
- Pressure Washing your Driveway and Walkways- As we mentioned previously, leaves as well as dirt, mud, and even oil can often stain your concrete driveway and walkways over the winter months. Having the ability to erase stains is very gratifying goes a long way to the first impression of a home. Having your driveway sprayed with detergent and washed by our insured professional team can remove years of dirt and grime build-up. Please take a look at our social media pages to see some of our driveway work as well.
How to Contact All Brite Pressure Washing & More
All Brite Pressure Washing & More does work all year round for customers and has previous experience within communities throughout the Leland Area, including Brunswick Forest and Compass Pointe. Whether you need help on your home this Winter or in the Spring, we’re always here to help and offer guidance for those who need it! If you have any questions or would like to request a quote, feel free to call our office at 910-398-2249 or contact us through our website via this link.